As an Internal Controls Data Analyst, you will be part of the Internal Controls Team and support the organization assessing and managing company’s risks.
You will contribute to the development and improvement of the continuous monitoring program and apply automated solutions.
You will also participate in the planning, organization and completion of Internal Audit projects to review various internal controls, to ensure reliability of financial data, safeguard of assets and records, and ensure adherence to policies.
We offer competitive remuneration, annual bonus, private medical insurance, travel insurance.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
Assess company’s processes and controls and find opportunities to improve the continuous auditing program. With this purpose, you will collaborate with the Internal Controls Team and use data analytics to support internal audit.
Main responsibilities include:
- Develop data analytics routines using industry-standard tools – such as Qlik Sense and SQL – to identify process or control gaps and cost optimization opportunities.
- Evaluate and communicate results to key business partners.
- Review the usage of the system and suggest enhancements to ensure continuous improvement and further automation.
- Provide recommendations for continuous auditing reports to maintain a focus on the related internal control risk going forward.
- Participate in audit reviews as required by the Internal Control plan to improve audit effectiveness and efficiency
Abilities, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master degree in Audit, Analytics, Statistics or similar.
- At least 5 years in auditing or consulting, preferably with a strong component of business intelligence, data analytics, continuous monitoring programs, RPA.
- Experience in applying advanced data analytics techniques and in developing automation tools.
- Ability to think outside of the box and identify solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Good knowledge of data visualization software (e.g. QlikSense, Tableau, Power BI) and experience with SQL for data extraction and analysis.
- Professional qualifications (e.g., CIA, ACCA, CISA etc) will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of Internal Controls
- Excellent writing, verbal and presentation skills in English
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with varying levels of the organization and within a multicultural environment.
- Independent, flexible teammate with strong analytical and influencing skills.
- Ability to take ownership and accountability and comfortable to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Firm, decisive and result oriented
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
The Internal Controls Team supports management across the Group in annually assessing risks and controls for the governance, trading, IT and support processes. Results of these activities are reported to the Board of Directors accompanied by action plans to strengthen controls and further mitigate risks where required. Internal Controls manage these annual framework cycle activities and external auditors validate the existence of the Traﬁgura Internal Control System every year. Additionally, the team performs site reviews to assess how local management manages risk and to find opportunities for improvement, and advises on process design for new IT applications.
Key relationships include Traders, Contracts team, Operations, Claims/Disbursements, Deals Desk, Compliance, Accounting, Treasury, Chartering, Risk management, IT.
At the heart of global supply, Trafigura connects vital resources to power and build the world. Through our Oil & Petroleum Products, Gas and Power, and Metals and Minerals, commercial divisions, we use infrastructure, logistics and financing to connect producers and consumers, using our deep understanding of the markets we serve to make supply more efficient, secure and sustainable.
We are committed to responsible business practices and believe that the supply of energy and raw materials is essential for growth, development and prosperity. We are accelerating our investments in renewable energy, including hydrogen, ammonia and other low-carbon energy technologies required for the transition to a low carbon future. And we work with our stakeholders to improve environmental and social standards, bringing greater trust and transparency to global supply chains.
A career at Trafigura offers a gateway to working on some of the most exciting challenges of a rapidly changing world – from helping to optimise supply chains to developing infrastructure and new markets. In a culture that is founded on openness and energy, our people work as part of a multinational, globally connected team and thrive in a fast-paced environment where they can nurture and commercialise bold ideas. Everyone has a voice and is empowered to collaborate across geographies and disciplines to help shape our business and the wider world. We know the importance and value of diversity in our business and we invest in attracting, developing and retaining talent from all backgrounds.
Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest independent employee-owned commodities groups in the world with over 13,000 people working in 48 countries. The Trafigura Group owns global multi-metals producer Nyrstar; fuel storage and distribution company Puma Energy; and joint ventures Impala Terminals, a port and logistics provider, and Nala Renewables, investing in wind, solar and battery storage projects.