JOB TITLE: Application Build and Release Engineer
REPORTING TO: Scrum Master
DIRECT REPORTS: None
TRAVEL: Some UK and International travel may be required
ADB SAFEGATE Airport Systems is a provider of software and services to over 120 airports, enabling them to improve operational performance and deliver total airport management to its customers. Half of the people who fly each year are serviced by airports that rely on our software platforms.
You will be joining a high performing, self-organising Scrum Java team. The majority of the top 10 busiest airports rely on our software platforms and this role provides a fantastic opportunity to work on projects around the world and to experience many different cultures. Our learning culture will allow you to continue to develop your own skills and keep current with changes in technology trend. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, have deep technical skills, able to act as mentor to the junior members of the team and be prepared to learn and work hard with us to develop great software used at hundreds of airports across the globe.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take a lead, working closely with the development team to determine the functional requirements of the application to the end users and to then achieving our delivery goals on time and budget.
- Maintain and support out Continuous Delivery programs, improves quality of releases without sacrificing stability or reliability
- Dynamic work ethic able to investigate and fix high priority bugs following service desk triage and Product Owner approval.
- Respon constantly and aggressively to automated test and build issues
- Maintain software documentation for both internal use and for the end user.
- Technology advocate who keeps up to date with latest technologies and ensures technical obsolescence is understood and addressed.
- Confidence in raising and investigating issues as they arise with the Scrum Master, with a focus on the fix.
- 2+ years working experience with a Continuous Delivery platform (Integration, delivery and deployment and testing techniques preferably using Jenkins with Ansible and Cloudformation or Terraform)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / SVN
- Knowledge of build tools e.g. Gradle, Ant, use of Artifactory
- Ability to write clear and concise release documentations/wiki
- Proficient in working in an Linux environments
- Writing well-structured Integration tests
- Experience in a Scrum development team working to continuous
- Knowledge of Message-Oriented Middleware / Service-Oriented Architecture
- Knowledge of Cloud platforms (preferably AWS)
- Knowledge and use of API Gateway
- Knowledge of Distributed Message Broker/Event Streaming
- Experience with observability and monitoring tools such as ELK, Prometheus, Grafana
- Ability to work and collaborate with other business
- Committed to our learning culture and continuous
- Willingness for occasional travel to customer sites around the
- Ability to pass security / DBS checks for an airport airside pass
PERSONAL STYLE AND BEHAVIOUR
Learning On The Fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyses both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answer.
Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication setting and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.