Who we are
We are a leader in mobile technology, providing innovative solutions to 1.2 billion consumers. In an ever-increasing digital world we help businesses grow their digital reach & toolkits to optimize user experience, increase engagement, attract new customers and boost their revenues.
Think of performance marketing but on steroids as our top-notch marketeers and engineers build digital journeys through an omnichannel marketing approach like no other. Currently we work with the biggest names in Telco, Insurance, Education, FMCGs and Retail in over 45 countries in Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and South-East Asia.
About the Program
We are looking to recruit entry level Software Engineers to join our 12-month paid “Start at Upstream” Software Development Graduate Trainee Program, to learn from and work as part of our world-class Software Development team that works on mission-critical applications, contributing in all phases of the development process.
Participants of the program, based in our R&D center in Athens, Greece, will be trained extensively for two months in cutting-edge technologies, building a strong foundation as well as learning up-to-date technologies and best practices. After completing the initial two-month training, they will join our main Software Development teams, where they will work on actual company products. They will become proficient Full-Stack Web Developers, gaining experience in the following areas:
- Developing high-traffic, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient software modules
- Translating specifications to software designs and implementation
They will master the following skills/technologies:
- Developing and consuming server-side HTTP REST APIs with focus on their design and performance
- Working with web security standards and techniques such as CORS, CSRF, JWT, OAuth
- Relational and NoSQL databases and caches (e.g. PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcached)
- Unit testing as well as writing maintainable, reusable, high-performance clean code, following design patterns and best practices
- Performance optimized, highly-available, modular web applications serving millions of end-users with thousands of transactions per second
- Code versioning tools (Git) and CI/CD services (Gitlab, Jenkins), achieving zero-downtime Continuous Deployments
Additionally we provide:
- On-going training, mentorship and development
- Opportunities to get involved with a wide range of products and technologies, and find the best match between company needs and individual interest
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science / Information Technology or a related field
- Understanding of RDBMS concepts, familiarity with SQL
- Highly motivated and eager to expand knowledge
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
No prior work experience is necessary.
Candidates who have not yet received their Degree are encouraged to apply, although priority will be given to Graduates.
- Competitive compensation package
- Private health insurance plan
- Transportation fees
- On the job training
- Work from home
- In house gym facilities, pilates lessons & mindfulness program subscriptions
This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative company, with international culture, that invests in your growth, and kick-start your career to become a highly skilled Software Engineer.
Job Type: 12-month contract with the opportunity to turn into an open-ended contract.
For more details & information on the Program you may visit our Start_at_Upstream webpage!
Also, you may follow us on LinkedIn and stay updated on our latest news.
Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.