Shipping Intelligence Intern
at Signal Maritime (View all jobs)
Signal Maritime, is looking for well-organized, efficient, dependable, individuals with a passion for shipping to join its Commercial team in Athens for an internship of 6 months. A successful internship can lead to a permanent position. With primary duties focused around data analysis and shipping operations, candidates need to be exceptionally courteous, positive, engaging, detail-oriented and analytical.
During this internship, you will have the opportunity to be exposed to and help with a wide variety of shipping, operations and analytics matters and be part of a team that with data and tools provides advanced solutions in the domain of maritime transportation.
Some indicative tasks might be:
- Internet research on a variety of shipping-related (e.g. data, services, etc.) or computer/data science matters
- Data and voyage curation: data scouting and discovery, scraping, cleansing, improvement, transformation
- Participation and assistance in data quality operations
- Data analysis and visualization
- Stakeholders engagement
This opportunity is ideal for all of those who are either in undergraduate level or recent graduates, willing to learn and prepare themselves for a career in the shipping and oil, data and engineering industry.
So, if you have a passion for shipping, data, technology and problem-solving, then we would love to hear from you.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A background in either Shipping or Engineering/Computer Science (BSc/MSc)
- Excellent generic IT literacy and passion for technology, including Web search
- Good knowledge of Ms Excel
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Great communication skills
- Good organization skills, attention to detail and willingness to work in and help the team
- Capacity for professionalism and willingness to integrate into a corporate culture
Would be nice to have:
- Previous experience in shipping industry
- Familiarity with data in MS SQL Server
- Interaction with customers
- Familiarity with web design or software development
Through this paid internship, you will gain valuable experience in a challenging, high-pace environment, collaborating and developing yourself amongst a young, competent and highly-driven team, engaged in an innovative and ambitious business plan. Through your tasks you will be introduced to basic terms and gain understanding in concepts of the shipping domain.