Who We Are:
At Inchcape Shipping Services, our vision is to create a connected world where customers can trade successfully and make informed decisions in every port, everywhere. We achieve this by combining our worldwide infrastructure with local expertise, through our global network of more than 250 proprietary offices and a team of over 3,000 dedicated professionals. Our diverse customer base includes owners and charterers in the oil, cruise, container, and bulk commodity sectors, as well as naval, government, and intergovernmental organizations.
The Operations Coordinator (Cruise, Husbandry), reporting to the Operations Manager, will be responsible for managing vessels’ requirements and booking relevant services with port authorities and local vendors; it is the right job to attain your skills and advance your opportunities with us, given our dominant position in the Marine Service industry.
Contract type: Temporary Contract
Work City: Athens, Piraeus
In line with company policy, Inchcape does not provide visa sponsorship for candidates and cannot consider applicants who will require this now or in the future.
- Interaction with key ship staff
- Board vessels as / when required
- Liaison between principals and port services on a daily basis
- Book port services for the vessel’s pier-side operations
- Follow up and report to the principal of the medical cases transferred to local clinics
- Coordination of delivery of incoming/outgoing freights
- Coordination of stores/provisions/spare deliveries
- Booking of waste management services
- Bunkers deliveries co-ordination
- Comply with all Health & Safety policies
- Use and update the internal systems
- Responding to the principal’s / vessel’s requests through email or phone in a timely manner (24/7)
- ISS vendors and principals’ vendor co-ordination
- Provide assistance to the local partners in the Greek islands when required
- Assist in the vessels’ itinerary schedule (berth reservations)
- May need to travel to ports outside Piraeus for special cases/calls
Who You Are:
- Driver’s license
- Good command of English
- Bachelors Degree
- Master’s Degree will be considered an asset
- Good communication skills, oral and written
- MS Office
- Good to have experience in cruise agency or yachts
- Customer Focus
- Health & Safety Compliance
- Ethics & Integrity
Why Inchcape Shipping Services?
We believe in building a diverse and high performing workforce that works together to provide our customers with the exceptional service they deserve. To reach the highest standards we depend on our people, their welfare, training, and expertise. We realize the value of our staff and know that your unique experiences, skills, and passions will help you to build a rich and rewarding career in our dynamic industry.
Our values are at the center of everything we do, and the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate and fully adopt these:
Global Perspective – we connect the world and see the bigger picture.
The Power of People – we rely on the strength of local agent knowledge and relationships.
Progress – we adopt new thinking and push for positive change in our industry.
In return, we will offer you:
- A place to grow your career – We’ll help you set big goals and exceed them.
- Competitive salary package and performance-based bonus scheme
- Premium medical health insurance coverage
- People. Work with talented, committed, and supportive teammates.
- Value Award celebration events
Plus, much more!
Inchcape Shipping Services is looking for people who are willing to think about the future and think big. We’re looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers.
If you think that you have the right skills, knowledge, and attitude to join our team, then we invite you to apply to this advert!
Inchcape Shipping Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and equality; diversity and inclusion are at the centre of everything we do. We recognize that our customers, colleagues, contractors, and other partners are central to our success and that we work in a diverse society. We acknowledge not only our legal, but also our moral responsibility to ensure all groups have equality of opportunity.