Who We Are:
At Inchcape Shipping Services, our vision is to create a connected world where customers can trade successfully and make informed decisions in every port, everywhere. We achieve this by combining our worldwide infrastructure with local expertise, through our global network of more than 250 proprietary offices and a team of over 3,000 dedicated professionals. Our diverse customer base includes owners and charterers in the oil, cruise, container, and bulk commodity sectors, as well as naval, government, and intergovernmental organizations.
The Operations Coordinator (Cruise, Crew), reporting to the Operations Manager, will be responsible for crew change of the vessels. Good relations with the authorities at the port and the airport is essential. It is the right job to attain your skills and advance your opportunities with us, given our dominant position in the Marine Service industry.
Contract type: Temporary Contract
Work City: Athens, Piraeus
In line with company policy, Inchcape does not provide visa sponsorship for candidates and cannot consider applicants who will require this now or in the future.
- Liaison between the vessels and Piraeus and Airport immigration.
- Interaction with key ship’s staff.
- Board vessels as / when required.
- Liaison between principals and port services when crew change is needed.
- Responsible for immigration paperwork for medical/disciplinary disembarkations.
- Able to provide local immigration regulations to the vessels and/or principals.
- Meet & greet joining or leaving crew at the port and at the airport (when necessary).
- Transport crew via company car when necessary
- Use and update the internal systems.
- Maintain internal crew changes records and invoices
- Comply with all Health & Safety policies.
- Responding to the principal’s / vessel’s requests through email or phone in a timely manner (24/7).
- Provide assistance to the local partners in the Greek islands when required
Who You Are:
- Driver’s license
- Good command of English
- Bachelors Degree
- Master’s Degree will be considered an asset
- Good communication skills, oral and written
- MS Office
- Good to have experience in cruise agency or yachts
- Knowledge of Port, Customs and Immigration regulations will be considered as an asset
- Customer Focus
- Health & Safety Compliance
- Ethics & Integrity
Why Inchcape Shipping Services?
We believe in building a diverse and high performing workforce that works together to provide our customers with the exceptional service they deserve. To reach the highest standards we depend on our people, their welfare, training, and expertise. We realize the value of our staff and know that your unique experiences, skills, and passions will help you to build a rich and rewarding career in our dynamic industry.
Our values are at the center of everything we do, and the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate and fully adopt these:
Global Perspective – we connect the world and see the bigger picture.
The Power of People – we rely on the strength of local agent knowledge and relationships.
Progress – we adopt new thinking and push for positive change in our industry.
In return, we will offer you:
- A place to grow your career – We’ll help you set big goals and exceed them.
- Competitive salary package and performance-based bonus scheme
- Premium medical health insurance coverage
- People. Work with talented, committed, and supportive teammates.
- Value Award celebration events
Plus, much more!
Inchcape Shipping Services is looking for people who are willing to think about the future and think big. We’re looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers.
If you think that you have the right skills, knowledge, and attitude to join our team, then we invite you to apply to this advert!
Inchcape Shipping Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and equality; diversity and inclusion are at the centre of everything we do. We recognize that our customers, colleagues, contractors, and other partners are central to our success and that we work in a diverse society. We acknowledge not only our legal, but also our moral responsibility to ensure all groups have equality of opportunity.