Financial Lines Underwriter (maternity replacement – 18 months)
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
General Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercial
and personal insurance customers. It includes one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. General Insurance offers a broad range of products to customers through a diversified, multichannel distribution network.
About the role
What you need to know:
- Assessing risk (underwriting), servicing and developing Financial Lines products
- Assessing new business leads from Brokers and quoting the appropriate terms and
conditions to ensure a good quality and profitable book of business
- Assessing renewable accounts to ensure Company standards of underwriting are
maintained, broker relationships are looked after and the appropriate loss ratios
achieved, thus producing a profitable account; ensuring retention levels reach Company
- Cooperating with sales relationship managers for the development of strong broker
relationships which lead to an increased level of engagement.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelors’ degree preferably in Business Administration, Insurance, Finance, Statistics
or Law; a Master’s degree will be considered as an asset
- Executive Presence; personal capabilities such as composure, credibility and clarity are
considered valuable assets
- Portfolio Management ability
- Drive for Results
- Advanced communication skills and proficient at building and maintaining strong
- Resilient and team player
- Excellent command of the English language.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV to HR-Greece@aig.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our
people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.