Operations Gerakas, Attica, Greece
Upstream, the leading mobile technology company, provides innovative solutions that offer seamless and secure mobile Internet access to 1.2 billion consumers in high growth markets. Upstream’s Zero-D service provides free access to the internet essentials to 250 million users in Latin America and Africa even when they have run out of data. Its award-winning security platform, Secure-D, in 2019 alone, processed over 1.7 billion mobile transactions, detecting and blocking over 98,000 malicious apps in 20 countries. Upstream’s all-in-one digital marketing platform, One-D, simplifies the digital user acquisition journey by managing the entire recruitment process, including partners and digital marketing channels, and safeguards mobile subscribers against all fraudulent activity. Its team counts 330 people of over 25 nationalities, working from nine offices around the globe. Upstream works with more than 60 mobile operators in over 45 countries in Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and SE Asia.
The Project Manager reports to the Regional PMO Director and is tasked with managing and successfully coordinating all aspects of project management including planning, implementation, and tracking of progress using Upstream tools, processes and methodologies. This role is ideal for someone with high potential who wishes to be rewarded for outstanding performance, while having the opportunity to gain valuable experience on large complex mobile marketing projects.
The role is based in Athens, Greece.
- The Project Manager is accountable for the management and delivery of Upstream’s Projects to Mobile Operators in Asia Region
- He/she manages the overall project plan and coordinates internal resources to ensure agreed launch dates are met.
- Acts as the liaison between the client and Upstream’s internal resources for the flawless execution of projects
- Defines project specifications and client requirements, involving all relevant departments and ensuring technical feasibility and resource availability
- Tracks progress through a solid project plan and ensures the on-time and on-budget delivery of projects.
- Reports and escalates issues to appropriate key positions as needed
- Manages client relationships and expectations, being available for local visits to Customer premises if needed
- Establishes and maintains relationships with third parties
- Writes clear briefs for the Engineering, Operations and Support departments
- Ensures that all departments involved in the project operate as a united team
- Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation
The ideal candidate will be a good communicator, team player, self-driven and flexible, and have the following qualifications:
- University degree, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering
- 3-5 years of work experience in project management and/or consulting in either the telecom or information technology sector
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in mobile technologies, software development and web technologies
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
*Kindly submit your CV in ENGLISH.
We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast-paced environment.
Follow us on LinkedIn and stay updated on our latest news
Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.