Upstream, the leading mobile technology company, provides innovative solutions that offer seamless and secure mobile Internet access to 1.2 billion consumers in high growth markets. Upstream’s Zero-D service provides free access to the internet essentials to 250 million users in Latin America and Africa even when they have run out of data. Its award-winning security platform, Secure-D, in 2019 alone, processed over 1.7 billion mobile transactions, detecting and blocking over 98,000 malicious apps in 20 countries. Upstream’s all-in-one digital marketing platform, One-D, simplifies the digital user acquisition journey by managing the entire recruitment process, including partners and digital marketing channels, and safeguards mobile subscribers against all fraudulent activity. Its team counts 330 people of over 25 nationalities, working from nine offices around the globe. Upstream works with more than 60 mobile operators in over 45 countries in Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and SE Asia.
Upstream is looking for an enthusiastic Technical Support Engineer to join our Technical Support team in Athens, Greece.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will be part of a very competent team responsible for monitoring the entire Upstream infrastructure (hardware, software, applications, etc) that is utilized for the execution of the company’s revenue generating campaigns and ensuring that it is operating without any problems on a 24h/7 basis (3-shifts on rotation). You will be responsible for quickly detecting, resolving and/or escalating any issues that come up and affect the normal operation of the campaign. Finally, you will provide support to internal users, by executing operational tasks, producing reports and troubleshooting, as well as external users, by handling customer complaints and requests.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- • Continuously monitor Upstream’s infrastructure (hardware, software, applications, etc) following standard procedures and utilizing all available tools.
- • Identify and investigate possible errors or problems with swift and accurate response on any errors reported by our systems.
- • Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of all incidents to the relevant second level support teams.
- • Ensure proper recording and closure of all incidents.
- • Prepare accurate and timely standard reports and ensure the quality of the outcome.
- • Complete all operational tasks and ad-hoc requests in a timely manner, ensuring the quality of the results.
- • Provide technical support by properly handling and resolving customer requests/complaints
- • Review and provide feedback on documentation and procedures. Formulate new ideas to improve procedures.
The skills we require:
- University degree in Engineering / Computer Science or similar discipline
- Very good communication skills
- Very good knowledge in oral and written English
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux systems, utilities and scripting
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Experience in helpdesk support is a plus
You will be an excellent fit for our team if you are:
- Self-driven with ability to take ownership of issues and follow through to resolution
- Reliable and dedicated with clear thinking and strong attention to detail
- Good at troubleshooting and problem solving
- Organized with a structured and methodical work style
We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast paced environment.
Follow us on LinkedIn and stay updated on our latest news
Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
Send your CV at email@example.com or apply through our website https://www.upstreamsystems.com/careers/apply-for-a-job/