Upstream, the leading mobile technology company, provides innovative solutions that offer seamless and secure mobile Internet access to 1.2 billion consumers in high growth markets. Upstream’s Zero-D service provides free access to the internet essentials to 250 million users in Latin America and Africa even when they have run out of data. Its award-winning security platform, Secure-D, in 2019 alone, processed over 1.7 billion mobile transactions, detecting and blocking over 98,000 malicious apps in 20 countries. Upstream’s all-in-one digital marketing platform, One-D, simplifies the digital user acquisition journey by managing the entire recruitment process, including partners and digital marketing channels, and safeguards mobile subscribers against all fraudulent activity. Its team counts 330 people of over 25 nationalities, working from nine offices around the globe. Upstream works with more than 60 mobile operators in over 45 countries in Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and SE Asia.
In the context of our growing business and ongoing project needs, we are looking for an enthusiastic Full-Stack developer to join our Software Development team in Athens, Greece.
The successful candidate will be part of a very competent software team and they will be able to contribute in all phases of the development process, building robust web-based user interfaces for our core products.
At Upstream, you will be working with the latest technologies (our stack includes React.js, Next.js, styled-components), you will focus on developing testable code and you will have the chance to develop further your skills by working in an environment where you will actively make suggestions for better solutions to problems.
About you and what you’ll be doing:
- You will translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- You will create reusable components for the frontend component library.
- You will be troubleshooting and supporting existing products and infrastructure.
- You need to care about writing clean, maintainable and efficient code.
- You need to be comfortable in reviewing, testing, and debugging code.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree
- Experience with and thorough understanding of React.js, AngularJS or similar framework
- Backend experience with Node.JS
- Experience with Server side rendering
- Experience with unit testing (preferably jest and react-testing-library) and e2e testing
- Experience in cross device and cross browser support
- Experience legacy browser support
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3 and responsive Web Authoring
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Experience with versioning systems such as git
- Experience in consuming web services and REST APIs
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast paced environment.
Follow us on LinkedIn and stay updated on our latest news
Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
Send your CV at email@example.com or apply through our website https://www.upstreamsystems.com/careers/apply-for-a-job/