Scaleforce Ltd is a premium cloud-hosting services company with more than 6 years presence and clients from all over the world. We seek enthusiastic IT professaionals, for a Junior Linux Administrator / Cloud Services Operator role, with -at least- basic hands-on technical skills in Networks, Server Hardware and Linux/Unix, in order to enforce our technical support team.
The role includes communicating with clients on technical issues, activiating/deactivating a range of cloud services, as well as (proactively) monitoring both clients’ projects and the company’s own infrastructure.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Being a team player and collaborate with team members, senior engineers and Management
- Ability to work under pressure and meet response KPIs
- Regularly report to management to ensure commitments are met
- Being responsible for protecting the integrity of the data of the organization
- Self-motivated to learn and expand his/her knowledge on the subject
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Informatics or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Sound knowledge of UNIX and TCP/IP network fundamentals (especially in virtualized environments)
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages
- Familiarity with common applications such as Apache, memcached, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, and SNMP
- Proficient with network tools such as Linux IPVS, HAProxy, IPsec, etc.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, such as Containers, Docker, VMware
- Ability to build and monitor services on production servers
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything
- Good communication skills in English (both written and spoken)
- Availability to work in shifts (3 shifts per day, 365/7/24, shifts will be rotated among the team members)
The skills below will be considered a plus:
- Network related Certifications (e.g. Cisco, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Basic programming and database skills (e.g. PHP, Python, NodeJS, SQL, noSQL)
- Experience in a similar placement (DevOps Operations)
- Familiarity with load balancing, firewalls, etc.
- Knowledge of security protocols
Job type:Full-time, Contract
Location:Thessaloniki (preferrably), or remote anywhere in Greece.
Please send your CV at email@example.com mentioning code “JR_CLOUDOPS”
Why choose Scaleforce
- Being part of an expanding cutting-edge technology cloud services company
- Opportunities to grow with us! Attain a senior role or transition to different department within the company
- We believe in equallity, and we offer equal opportunities to all candidates regardless of race, color, age, religion, nationality, disability etc.