|Type of contract||Traineeship|
|Who can apply||EU nationals eligible for our traineeship programme (read more)|
|Place of work||Frankfurt, Germany|
|Closing date||Monday, 28 September 2020|
You will be part of the Directorate General Statistics. In addition to developing and publishing financial data and statistical indicators, we also devise methodologies and provide different types of data services for monetary policy, banking supervision and other tasks conducted by the European Central Bank (ECB), the European System of Central Banks (ESCB), European banking supervision, and the European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB).
In your role as a trainee, you will be part of a team responsible for collecting data and/or producing statistical indicators and will work closely with relevant stakeholders, such as economists and banking supervisors.
The ECB is an inclusive employer and we strive to reflect the diversity of the population we serve. We encourage you to apply, irrespective of your gender, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or other characteristics.
As a trainee in the Directorate General Statistics you will:
- contribute to the work of the Directorate General or one of its divisions or sections;
- gain an insight into the methodology, compilation and publication of macroeconomic statistics or large scale datasets in a policy-oriented environment;
- work in a team and/or independently under the guidance of a mentor, taking the initiative and interacting with other members of staff and management.
You may also have the opportunity to complete a conceptual or empirical study to be presented at a seminar.
You will be part of a multicultural team that is involved in cross-country collaboration and strives for excellence and continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a bachelor’s degree or higher in statistics, data science, economics, mathematics, finance, computer science, operational research or another relevant field;
- good IT skills and a working knowledge of MS Office (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- familiarity with data and metadata management, analysis and visualisation;
- familiarity with a statistical or mathematical software package and/or relational databases;
- an advanced (C1) command of English and an intermediate (B1) command of at least one other official language of the EU, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, read more.
- knowledge of economic statistics, financial market data, and/or international standards for statistics, accounting or banking supervision;
- knowledge of techniques used in the management, analysis, modelling and visualisation of large datasets and unstructured data, such as data science tools and machine learning;
- programming skills and knowledge of programming languages such as Python and R.
You are curious and eager to learn, and want to further develop your ability to analyse complex information. You are keen to collaborate with others, pursue team goals and learn from other people’s diverse perspectives. You strive to know and anticipate stakeholder needs, and will signal any need for change and propose alternative solutions.
The recruitment process for this position may include an online numerical test in the pre-selection phase and – if you are invited to participate in the subsequent selection phase – a pre-recorded video interview and an online interview via WebEx. The traineeships will start throughout 2021 and run for a minimum period of six months which, depending on business needs, may be extended up to a total of twelve months.
For additional information on this specific vacancy, you can speak to the hiring manager, Rodrigo Oliveira-Soares, on +49 (0)69 1344 6777 between 14:30 and 15:30 C.E.S.T. on Friday 18 September 2020.
You can also join a live chat session on Graduateland.com between 12:00 and 13:30 CEST on Wednesday 23 September 2020.
Candidates are requested to fill in the fields related to their education with at least the following information: start and end dates, title of qualification, description and grade.
Please insert all your dates in your application following this format: DD-MM-YYYY.