Next wave of Auditors is coming, will you miss it?
Our Audit practice is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organization in the industry. As part of our team, you will be using your skills and experience in order to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and provide meaningful insights into both accounting and reporting matters and business-critical information or processes.
More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data – and our clients look to us for advice and services they can trust. Join our Audit team and you will use your skills to make this happen, participating to Audit procedures across a broad range of sectors and responsibilities.
You will experience ongoing professional development through world-class learning, professional qualifications and individually tailored counseling and coaching. You will be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. Sounds interesting?
Your key responsibilities
As an Audit Assistant, you will work on various Audit engagements in different industry sectors in which EY is acknowledged as a market leader. You will become a credible Auditor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire sectors by:
- Participating in the execution of a variety of projects, regulatory driven reviews and reporting, general business process and controls advice.
- Completing and documenting Audit processes and supporting the delivery of engagements as defined by the firm and industry standards.
- Interacting with clients, developing productive working relationships and demonstrating a commitment to continually improve their satisfaction.
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams under the guidance of more experienced individuals and updating supervisors on the status of your assigned work.
Skills and attributes for success
- Fostering an efficient, innovative and team-oriented working environment by maintaining cooperative relationships that lead to open communications and sharing of information.
- Demonstrating positive attitude, professionalism, teamwork competences and high level of self-motivation and desire to exceed expectations.
- Illustrating critical thinking and ability to work in a multi-tasking and results-oriented working environment with keen attention to high quality and details.
- Using technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Excellent academic background including a bachelor and/or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook applications
- Eligibility to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements both locally and internationally
Ideally you will also have
- Up to 1 year of working experience in Audit engagements or Accounting
- Working towards gaining one of the professional accountancy qualifications
What we look for
We are interested in highly motivated candidates with a creative vision and the confidence to make it happen; candidates who can integrate with and influence clients from a varying range of organizations, as part of a diverse and highly driven team. If you are looking to develop your career within a truly dynamic team, where you will make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
Working location: Athens
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, we will be happy to hear from you.
Join us in building a better working world.