JUNIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Greycon is the world’s leading provider of production planning, scheduling and manufacturing execution systems, designed specifically for roll-based & flat sheet industries. We have over 35 years of history and operate throughout the world with 500 sites in over 40 countries. Our strength is the extensive range of specialist software solutions for Paper & Board, Plastic Films & Flexible Packaging, Nonwovens, Metals and Converting industries supported by powerful optimization algorithms.
Are you a highly-motivated individual with a passion for delivering results? Are you ready to face new challenges and influence the development of new products? If so, Greycon are seeking to appoint confident Junior Software Developer to join our office in Athens. You will be part of an agile development team, responsible for building and working on Greycon’s software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. You will be involved in all areas of development from design and development through to testing. Reporting to the Head of Development, you will be part of a team and will collaborate to develop, support, test and maintain our products.
The successful candidate will join us during a time of rapid growth and exciting change as we expand our range of features and products. Greycon is a passionate, innovative and dynamic organization, which values success. We continuously challenge our team to extend and enhance our portfolio of products.
The role itself is very varied and will entail:
- Develop new product features or new modules
- Analyze and amend software errors in a timely fashion
- Carry out module testing and code peer reviews
- Develop and improve automated test suites
- Work within the defined company development process and standards
- Aim for a productive and efficient communication with colleagues
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Understanding of relational databases (SQL Server or Oracle)
- Exposure to Microsoft .NET development using C# or VB.Net
- Good level of the English language in order to communicate with colleagues on a daily basis
- Knowledge of unit testing
- A degree on Computer Science, Software Engineering or related (advanced students also welcome)
- Previous working experience
- A very attractive and competitive remuneration package including regular employee’s benefits
- An attractive health insurance coverage where appropriate (MetLife Gold package)
- Work life balance
- Continuous investment in our people through training and development
- Unlimited Pluralsight access
If you are results driven and a self-motivated supportive team player, who can build confidence with colleagues across the business, then we would like to hear from you. This is a fantastic career opportunity and the role offers potential to add value and quickly progress in a fast- paced environment. Salary will be commensurate with experience and job responsibilities.
Please submit your CV (in English) to Mrs. Katerina Michalaki (email@example.com) with the subject title “Junior Software Developer”.