Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil and refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world. The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.3 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura’s Mining Group; and Galena Asset Management.
The Company is owned by around 600 of its 4,300 employees who work in 66 offices in 38 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD180.7 billion in 2018. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
1. Monitor company’s global storage position and ensure that:
a. all facilities that store product have gone through full storage approval process and have the sign-off from all relevant departments
b. storage contracts are reviewed constructively and commented with the aim to incorporate clauses which minimise company’s exposure and liabilities and highlight to the traders / operators clauses where exposure might be created.
2. To provide monthly reporting to management with regards to global storage position.
• Global Storage coordination process
• Renewals of all facilities’ documentation
• Storage Contracts Review
• Software updates
• Reporting to management
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Strong Excel knowledge (formation of formulas, macros, pivots, graphs)
• FLUENT in English
• Must be educated to degree level (preferably in economics, mathematics or shipping studies)
• Someone who is organised, careful, synthesizes info and is able to work in a high-pressured environment
• Good with numbers, diligent and thorough
• Analytical skills, Attentive, Structured
• Excellent personal time management
• Ops/Finance/Credit/Contracts/Insurance department
• Deals Desk