Beat is a ride-hailing mobile app that is transforming the way people move in their cities and beyond. With just a tap of a button, riders can expect a car to their location within minutes to take them where they need to go.
We started our life as “Taxibeat” in Europe, circa 2011. In three short years we expanded our operations to Peru, where we provide millions of rides every single month. Nowadays, we’re present in Greece, Peru, Chile and Colombia—with many new market launches planned within the coming months. Our great success was attested by the acquisition from Daimler A.G. in 2017. As we continue to grow, we remain committed to offering an affordable, safe and efficient way for people to move throughout their cities.
Our ride forward
Our people are the secret to our success. That’s why we are constantly growing our world-class operations and engineering teams. We have a product focused and engineering centric culture. Our teams are focused on developing projects related to carpooling, automated pricing, advanced route planning by using microservices, machine learning and artificial intelligence (just to name a few).
Sounds exciting enough? Find out more about this role below and let’s get started on transforming the future of urban mobility together!
About the role
We are looking for an exceptional Junior Backend Developer that can demonstrate excellent problem solving skills and the enthusiasm needed in order to take on cutting edge technical challenges. Can you deliver under pressure, take initiative, work well as part of a team? Do you feel you have what it takes? If yes, then join our backend team and write world-class APIs and services that will power our platform in the near future. Cut your teeth with testable, object-oriented and scalable code and work along with our amazing team of backend engineers to create the next generation microservice-based platform for Beat.
What you’ll do day in day out:
- Develop, manage, and support web services (Restful APIs)
- Develop, manage and support web apps
- Consume 3rd party RESTful APIs
- Resolve web application problems and perform resolution follow ups
- Participate in project planning including research and development
What you need to have:
- BSc Degree in Computer Science, Software engineering or related discipline
- Experience up to 1 year in software engineering will be considered a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player with good communication skills
- Self-motivated, fast learner with a growth mindset
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive full time salary
- Private Health Coverage on the Company’s group program
- Beat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button
- Breakfast, high quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools, Spanish Lessons
- Opportunities to participate in cutting edge trainings and conferences of your choice in Greece and abroad
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that gives engineers large goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
Please apply here: https://grnh.se/540e4ca01