From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients rely on credible financial statements, information and processes. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data – and they look to us for advice and services they can trust. You will use your skills to make this happen, participating to audit procedures across a broad range of sectors and responsibilities.
We are currently seeking Audit Assistants to support our office in Athens and help our clients meet their requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You will be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you will do will come back to providing special audit activities for our clients. As Audit Assistant, you will work on various audit engagements in different industry sectors in which EY is acknowledged as a market leader. Our Audit practice is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As you build your knowledge and experience, you will become a credible auditor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire sectors.
Skills and attributes for success
- Participating to the execution of a variety of projects, regulatory driven reviews and reporting, general business process and controls advice.
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams under the guidance and direction of more experienced individuals and informing supervisors on the status of your assigned work.
- Completing audit processes and performing engagements in compliance with the firm and industry standards.
- Interacting with client personnel, developing productive working relationships and demonstrating a commitment to continually improve our client’s satisfaction.
- Fostering an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment by maintaining cooperative relationships that lead to open communications; sharing information.
- Using technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery
- Understanding and following workplace policies and procedures.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Excellent academic background including a bachelor and/or master degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English
- Results-oriented approach with keen attention to high quality, details and accuracy
- Excellent teamwork competencies
- Self-motivation and desire to exceed expectations
- Interest in the different fields of Assurance
- Eligibility to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements both locally and internationally
Ideally you will also have
- Up to 1 year of working experience in audit engagements What we look for
We are interested in highly motivated candidates with a creative vision and the confidence to make it happen; candidates who can integrate with and influence clients from a varying range of organizations, as part of a diverse and highly driven team. If you are looking to develop your career within a truly dynamic team, where you will make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
Working location: Athens
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- Developed system of performance management and career development that enables you to have the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Opportunity to work in an international environment
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please submit your cv via the respective link.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
Upon reviewing all applications, we will only contact short-listed candidates to discuss on next steps of our selection process.