We are looking for a Superintendent Engineer, with sea service, in Tankers and Oil Tankers, up in the rank of Chief Engineer, and onshore experience as Superintendent Engineers, on behalf of our client, a Greek shipping company, in Piraeus.
This is a great opportunity for engineers with sea service in Tankers and onshore experience as Superintendent Engineers.
- Monitor the vessels movements daily
- Supervise operations and monitor vessel condition and ship’s staff compliance with management policies, international, state and local Maritime regulations
- Responsible for all technical and operational related issues, including correspondence
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to and comply with International safety management (ISM), classification society rules, and Maritime insurance
- Supervise vessels from an engineering aspect
- Brief and appraisal of Masters and other senior officers
- Work closely with the Operations and provide technical advice to the HSQE and Operations Departments
- Review inspection observations and deficiencies and work with the vessel and Operations Department to track them through
- Opportunity to continue your career in a stable, Greek shipping company
- Opportunity to work for a company with an ethical company culture
- Sea service up to the level of the Chief Engineer, in Oil chemical vessels
- 1-4 years of onshore experience as Superintendent Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Shipping & Maritime studies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in Greek and English
- Proficiency in MS Office
- The role requires frequent business travelling
Please note that for transparency and equity reasons, only those applications made online via our site will be assessed. After the screening of all the CVs received, we will only contact the candidates who meet the requirements of the job to arrange an interview. All applications are considered strictly confidential.