Vivante Health is looking for a back-end developer with a deep understanding of RESTful APIs, object oriented programming model and databases to work with our team. Responsibilities will include design, development, extensive testing and documenting new features.
What you will be doing:
- Develop new features on an existing API
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills we are looking for:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related area
- Self-motivated learning (workshops, open source contribution, on-line courses)
- Strong experience with PHP 7, using frameworks and following community standards recommendations (PSR)
- Experience working with RESTful services and HTTP semantics
- Experience with testing and debugging methodologies using PHPUnit and mock object frameworks to apply TDD and BDD techniques
- Knowledge on RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Understanding of NoSQL databases
- Understanding of message queuing protocols (AMQP)
- Understanding of CI and CD methodologies
- Experience using version control systems (preferably git)
- Comfortable working on GNU/Linux or UNIX like environment
Functional (good to have)
- Good knowledge of English, especially writing
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Basic knowledge of how the Scrum Framework works
Salary: negotiable depending on the skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- PHP: 8 years
- git: 4 years
- SQL: 8 years
- A PHP framework: 5 years
- RESTful services: 5 years
Required language: English
Vivante Health (https://vivantehealth.com) is an innovative healthcare company that addresses the needs of people with invisible, neglected, and stigmatized chronic diseases, starting with digestive diseases. We are looking for passionate and talented team mates that want to make significant contributions to people’s lives. We offer a working environment which is hard driving but flexible.
Our offices are located in Kolonaki, Athens.
If you are interested in working with us, please send your curriculum vitae (resume) at firstname.lastname@example.org.