Java Software Engineer, ZuluTrade
Location: Piraeus, Attika
Employment: Full time
ZuluTrade welcomes creative, motivated individuals to join our team at offices located in a prominent waterfront location at the port of Piraeus. Our collaborative workplace offers exciting and diverse opportunities to learn, grow professionally, and make a real contribution to the success of an industry leader in the fast-growing world of the Forex market.
Facts & figures:
- Innovative platform, providing financial services & social networking
- 500+ million transactions per year
- 80+ employees
- High-growing rates and prospects
- Fresh .com philosophy
As the successful candidate you will be joining the Backend department of ZuluTrade. We are proud to be a team of experienced, dedicated and effective engineers. We are responsible for creating, running and improving the «brain» behind ZuluTrade.com and other related services. It consists of a swarm of applications we created from scratch, written mainly using Java SE and EE technologies.
What you will be doing in ZuluTrade Backend?
As soon as you start, we will help you catch up with our technology, products, culture and make you feel at home. Then it’s on to you to start helping the best way you can by identifying and fixing problems. We will define an area that you will be responsible for. We will periodically define the goals to help the team, improve the products and add value to the company. As you gain credit, you will start building your own systems. The more effective you become, the more time we will save to play with new ideas and technology.
- Passion for engineering: analyzing and fixing things
- Personal qualities: ability to focus, learn fast and embrace challenges. Doing things the smart way
- University Degree(s) in Computer Science and dedication to self-education
- As much experience with Java SE/EE Technologies as possible
- Excellent SQL skills (MySQL)
- Good knowledge of Design Patterns, Enterprise Integration Patterns, Test Driven Development
- Experience working on asynchronous, high performance, low latency systems
- Available for long-term commitment
Any experience with the below is a plus:
- Application Servers / JBoss
- Spring Framework (Integration, Security, MVC), JMS, JPA/JTA
- C++ / JNI
- Competitive salary, directly dependent on candidate’s profile and experience
- Company health insurance
- Remarkable working space at central location of Piraeus including facilities (restaurant, game room, parking space, etc)
- Flexible working hours
- Friendly environment comprising young, enthusiastic, multi-national staff
Candidates meeting the above requirements are welcome to apply at https://zulutrade.workable.com/j/6A2754248F
ZuluTrade regrets that due to the large number of applications received, only candidates whose profile appears to match the announced vacancy are contacted by our HR Department.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.