Experienced Software Engineer (ESERD/01/17)
We currently have a vacancy for an Experienced R&D Software Engineer, fluent in English, to offer his/her services as an expert based in Athens, Greece. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be a part of a top-rated team of talented individuals with different expertise working collaboratively on common goals. We are looking for a person who is outstanding in responsiveness, integrity and reliability, with excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills, as well as strong ability to work in teams for supporting projects funded by the European Commission and national research frameworks. You will be expected to show initiative, be flexible and take responsibility.
- Technical management and implementation of EC funded R&D IT projects
- Elaboration of technical documents / deliverables and reports for R&D projects (requirements, conceptual models, specifications, implementation and integration plans, etc)
- Design, development and documentation of State-of-the-Art web and mobile architectures and applications in collaboration with our teams and the teams of our partners
- Working closely with the coordinator to achieve the implementation goals.
- University degree in Engineering / Computer Science, preferably with postgraduate qualification at MSc or PhD level
- At least 4 years experience in working directly with technical teams with proven track record
- Possibly 2 years’ experience specifically in research programmes in ICT
- Experience in software design and development
- Experience in J2EE, SQL, MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL
- Experience in web services such as SOAP and RESTful
- Knowledge and experience in designing and implementing multi-tier applications (WEB Client and Application Server), as well as in design and development of databases
- Knowledge on Object Oriented Programming, as well as Design Patterns, Refactoring, Unit Testing, IT Technologies
- Excellent command of English and Greek, both written and oral
- Good interpersonal, organization and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Good analytical skills, as well as a proactive attitude towards solving problems.
Extra skills that will be considered as an advantage are:
- Experience in designing and implementing GIS and mobile GIS systems
- Knowledge and experience in designing applications for Android or iOS using cross-platform Mobile Development frameworks such us Appcelerator, Unity, Smartface, Xamarin, etc.
If you are seeking a career in an exciting, dynamic and multicultural international environment with exciting opportunities that will boost your career, please send us your detailed CV in English, quoting reference: (ESERD/01/17) to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
We offer an extremely competitive remuneration and benefits package, based on qualifications and experience.
All applications will be treated as confidential.
EUROPEAN DYNAMICS is an equal opportunity employer and applies an Equal Opportunities Policy (EOP). This policy covers all aspects of employment, from advertising of vacancies, selection, recruitment and training to working conditions and reasons for termination of employment.