Audit Seniors with experience in Shipping sector
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data – and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You will use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
We are currently seeking Audit Seniors to support our Audit Shipping team and help our clients meet their requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You will be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you will do will come back to providing special audit activities for our clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you will be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you build your knowledge and experience, you will become a credible auditor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries.
Skills and attributes for success
- Leading fieldwork and keeping engagement leaders updated on projects developments
- Completing audit processes (such as understanding and evaluating significant sources of information, testing controls and performing substantive procedures), identifying areas of audit significance and documenting higher-risk areas
- Preparing memoranda, working papers, letters and correspondence (e.g. audit planning memorandum, audit approach plan, management letter, correspondence with the client)
- Drafting financial statements and footnote disclosures in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles
- Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and integrity throughout audit projects and meetings with clients’ engagement teams
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
- Understanding our clients’ needs and demonstrating a dedication to continually improve our services
To qualify for the role you must have
- 2 to 4 years of audit working experience in Shipping clients
- Strong academic record including a degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one (ACCA, ACA, CPA,SOEL)
- Experience with IFRS / US GAAP / ISAs
- Substantial MS office knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English
- Eligibility to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements both locally and internationally
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills
- Strong teamwork and leadership/project management skills
- Results-oriented approach with keen attention to high quality, details and accuracy
- Self-motivation and desire to exceed expectations
- Interest in the different fields of Assurance
Working location: Athens
What working at EY offers
- Support, feedback and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career both inside and outside Greece
- Developed system of performance management and career development that enables you to have the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Opportunity to work in an international environment
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please submit your cv via the respective link as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.