Upstream, the leading mobile technology company, provides innovative solutions that offer seamless and secure mobile Internet access to 1.2 billion consumers in high growth markets. Upstream’s Zero-D service provides free access to the internet essentials to 250 million users in Latin America and Africa even when they have run out of data. Its award-winning security platform, Secure-D, in 2019 alone, processed over 1.7 billion mobile transactions, detecting and blocking over 98,000 malicious apps in 20 countries. Upstream’s all-in-one digital marketing platform, One-D, simplifies the digital user acquisition journey by managing the entire recruitment process, including partners and digital marketing channels, and safeguards mobile subscribers against all fraudulent activity. Its team counts 330 people of over 25 nationalities, working from nine offices around the globe. Upstream works with more than 60 mobile operators in over 45 countries in Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and SE Asia.
Upstream is looking for an enthusiastic Full Stack Developer (PHP) to join our Software Development team in Athens, Greece.
You will be part of a very competent software team and you will be able to contribute in all phases of the development process.
You will be engaged in building the Web based User Interfaces of our core products, both public facing and internal, used in projects worldwide.
About you and what you’ll be doing
- You will be building new, creative products on both the frontend and backend
- You will work with our existing development team on team projects
- You care about writing clean, maintainable and efficient code
- You are comfortable in reviewing, testing, and debugging code
- You will be troubleshooting and supporting existing products and infrastructure
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with Laravel and/or similar frameworks
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented principles
- PHP coding standards and best practices
- Experience developing RESTful web services and APIs
- Knowledge of relational databases, schema design and SQL
- Solid understanding of data structures, and data modeling
- Familiarity with HTML5, CSS3 and responsive Web Authoring
- Experience with versioning systems ( git )
Bonus Points if you have
- Experience in cross device and cross browser support
- Experience with legacy browser support
- Familiarity with Big Data concepts and systems
- Knowledge of Docker, CI/CD, Kubernetes
- Ability to work well under pressure with track record of meeting deadlines in sometimes challenging situations
- Strong team player
- Dependable, reliable, with clear thinking and attention to detail
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels within the company
We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast paced environment.
Follow us on LinkedIn and stay updated on our latest news
Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
Send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through our website https://www.upstreamsystems.com/careers/apply-for-a-job/