If you are interested to work in a challenging, diverse and creative environment with other highly motivated professionals, then this job is for you!
About Emphasys Centre:
Emphasys Centre is a private organization that operates in Nicosia in the last 20 years. It is approved by the Ministry of Education and Culture as an Education and ICT Training Centre offering training courses to professionals, adults, young people and students thus promoting the digital skills. More specifically, it offers specialized courses for professional development, validated courses for the acquisition of professional qualifications, as well as courses for students aiming to enter higher education institutions (universities) in the UK, Greece and Cyprus.
Emphasys Centre has also established in the last five years a highly successful Research Unit which is involved in the preparation and submission of research proposals, as well as in the coordination and implementation of European Programmes mainly under the Erasmus + Programme in all sectors and actions: Education (Higher, School and Adult), VET and Youth. It promotes the targets set by the EU2020 and the ET2020 Strategies and through this process the Research Unit has developed a strong network of collaborations across Europe and it has built up knowledge and skill alliances for the transfer of policies and good practices that can enrich the quality and effectiveness of the services provided by the organization as a whole.
The economic crisis has placed education, training and research in the spotlight for offering solutions to the challenges faced by the European countries. Emphasys Centre is committed to make the potentially “lost generation” into the generation of smart, sustainable and inclusive growth by providing them digital, employability and entrepreneurial competences to succeed in their lives.
The Project Officers will be required to support the implementation and management of the current projects of the Emphasys Research Centre. More specifically the position entails the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the efficient operation of the daily activities related to the implementation of projects (such as organisation of research, surveys, collection of data, writing of reports, etc.).
- Assist in the management and coordination of projects in all aspects of the implementation process.
- Contribute towards the preparation and teaching of various courses, workshops, seminars and activities, depending on the topic of the project.
- Assist in the organisation of events, conferences, promotions and campaigns related to the projects being implemented.
- Contribute towards the promotion of the organization and to the expansion of its activities and network of collaborations.
Expected qualifications and skills:
- University degree in Computer Science or related IT field OR University degree in Social Sciences, Psychology, European studies, Human Rights, Languages, Special needs or related.
- Fluent in Greek and English. Any other language will be considered as an asset.
- Pleasant and dynamic personality with willingness to take initiative, be creative and cope with new challenges.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong presentation, inter-personal and communication skills.
- High quality written communication skills, especially in the use of the English language.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines in a diverse environment.
- Excellent teamwork and problem-solving skills as well as adaptability skills.
- Flexible time schedule due to travelling abroad.
Additional qualification and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar position will be an asset.
- Professional qualifications in Accounting (e.g. LCCI) will be an asset.
- MSc in the IT field (e.g. Robotics, A.I, mobile applications) will be considered as an additional qualification.
All applicants will be reviewed with strict confidentiality. We invite interested applicants to visit the official website of the Emphasys Centre www.emphasyscentre.com for more information.
Applications must include a cover letter and a CV.
Deadline of applications: 01/03/20
To apply send your completed application to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Emphasys Centre: Education, ICT Training and Research
3A-D P. Dimitrakopoulou Street , 1090 Nicosia, CYPRUS, Tel. + 357 22663010
Skype : emphasyscentre