Computer Science/ IT Teacher – Nicosia – F/T – EC -4/2019
Emphasys Centre is seeking to hire a Computer Science Teacher/Educator.
Why apply for this job?
You will have the opportunity to teach a variety of topics within the ICT field in both formal and non-formal settings, while having the opportunity to participate in in-service training and professional development courses both in Cyprus and abroad (e.g. job shadowing, learning mobility, internships).
In addition you will have the opportunity to travel abroad and obtain valuable experience in the field of IT, Research, Education, Youth and Training.
If you are interested to work in a challenging, diverse and creative environment with other highly motivated professionals across Europe, then this job is for you!
About Emphasys Centre
The “Emphasys Centre” operates in the last 21 years as an ICT Education and Vocational Training Centre approved by the Ministry of Education and Culture and a Research Centre actively involved in the coordination and implementation of European Research Programmes. We invite interested applicants to visit the official website of the organisation www.emphasyscentre.com for more information.
The Computer Science Teacher will be required to:
- Teach various ICT courses for students, such as GCE A’ Level Computer Science – Cambridge International Examinations, ECDL, Robotics, National Exams (Pagkyrpies Pliroforikis), STEM skills.
- Participate in various meetings abroad as part of the implementation of European projects which entail IT related activities and training.
- Assist in the promotion of the organization and to the expansion of its activities and network.
Required qualifications – knowledge
- University degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology.
- Fluent in Greek and English.
- Pleasant and dynamic personality with willingness to take initiative and be creative.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong presentation, inter-personal and communication skills.
Additional qualifications and experience
- Teaching experience in ECDL, GCE and Robotics.
- Experience and/or Master’s degree in the field of Robotics, A.I or similar.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Good knowledge of a programming language such as: C++, Visual Basic or Python.
All applicants will be reviewed with strict confidentiality.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered based on qualifications and experience, as well as opportunities for travelling and training abroad.
Applications must include a cover letter and a CV
Deadline of applications: 01/03/20
To apply send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Emphasys Centre: Education, ICT Training and Research
3A-D P. Dimitrakopoulou Street, 1090 Nicosia, CYPRUS, Tel. + 357 22663010
Skype : emphasyscentre