Web Engineer @ PeoplePerHour.com
We are looking for a driven and hard-working web engineer who is passionate about
developing web apps. You should be an expert in web engineering principles and in a
position to show good working knowledge of web programming languages.
The right candidate should be passionate about programming, web apps and be up to date
with the latest in web technologies. You must be committed to producing high quality code
and be able to deliver to deadlines. Good communication skills are a must and a good sense of humor a bonus!
More specifically the Web Engineer will have to:
● Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development
● Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs in
cooperation with product team
● Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
● Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into
operations and activities
You will be a perfect fit if you have:
● Deep, comprehensive working knowledge/experience of programming focussing on
back end technologies and being willing to experience front end frameworks
● Knowledge and understanding of MySQL and NoSQL databases – preferably MySQL
and Elastic search
● A genuine passion for the all things web and web engineering in general
● Working knowledge of OO PHP5 and PHP frameworks (YII / Symfony / Laravel)
● Understanding of MVC methodology and principles
● Experience with security, performance and linux sys admin will be regarded
● Awareness of ReactJS framework will be a plus
● BSc or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar is preferred but
not a prerequisite
PeoplePerHour.com is the UK’s leading freelancer platform servicing over 1.5m freelancers
and small businesses (65% UK, the rest all over the world).
With a mature and growing community we are now reinvesting organic profits into breaking
out into new sectors & segment in which the on-demand economy has not yet become
mainstream. The first of these is larger enterprises where the offering is tailored to
corporates (via software + labour solutions) managing large remote workforces (some
vetted in-house and some outsourced) efficiently and cost-effectively all in one place.
We have aggressive growth plans and we want you to be part of them!
Our company culture matters more than anything to us. We only hire people who share our core values, no matter if they are superstars. You will fit in if you are someone who:
1. Loves Brutal honesty
2. Acts like an owner
3. Is Accountable
4. Constantly raises the bar
5.Is a Team player
Based in Athens
We offer a very competitive package, depending on level of experience and the value we
believe you can add to the business. You will have the opportunity to work in a motivating
and multicultural environment as well as on a global scale project.
Email αποστολής cvs: Jobs@peopleperhour.com